Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Swedish recipe often served at Christmas time. This is very popular throughout Scandinavia Colorful & Tasty
- 2 large apples, cored,peel on,chopped (Granny Smith is good or other green apple)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pickled beets, finely chopped
- 4 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- Combine Apples, Beets & Cabbage.
- Sprinkle with the Lemon Juice and sugar.
- Toss & serve well chilled.
Fast, tasty and easy to make! A great source of vitamin C. Healthy and colorful addition to a meal.
Bergy this is sure one healthy, vitamin packed salad. The pickled beets turned all my salad pickle beet color, but it was tasty and different. I would NEVER have thought of putting pickled beets in my cabbage apple salad! I think I prefer to have my beets solo but this was something different to try and I liked it. Thanks for posting.