Apple Beet Coction (Chutney)
- Slice onions in half lengthwise, then slice each half into very thin strips and put aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples in strips(I use a coring divice that also slices the apples). Toss in orange juice and set them aside .
- emtpy beets into a strainer over a bowl, collecting liquid from cans for use in recipe. After straining beets, slice in thin strips. and set aside.
- Place oil into warm frying pan, add onions and cook on medium heat until translucent. Add beets and cook until warm. Set onions and beets aside to cool.
- Add sliced apples, and juice from beets and orange juice into frying pan, and simmer until apples soften. Return beets, and onions to the frying pan.
- Melt potato starch into 1 cup of water and stir into apple, beet, and onion mixture. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Remove from the frying pan, and chill for at least 2 hours and serve.