1/3 Photos of Apple Beef Stew
2 hrs 5 mins
A thick stew with a very comforting flavour, this dish is just perfect for cold winter months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef in butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onions; cook until lightly browned.
- 3Sprinkle with flour and salt.
- 4Gradually add water and apple juice.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Place the bay leaf, allspice, and clove in a cheesecloth bag; add to pot.
- 7Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
- 8Add carrots and apples; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until meat, carrots, and apples are tender.
- 9Discard spice bag and thicken with additional flour if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: