Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A brisket recipe for your slow-cooker.
- 4 -5 lbs fresh beef brisket, not corned beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces apple jelly
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 whole cloves, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- Place brisket in the crockpot. Place onion slices over top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients; pour over the brisket and onions in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until desired doneness.
Oh, my. . . so incredibly GOOD! I do not own a smoker, and I am tired of crispy crunkchy overcooked brisket. I am also tired of seeing such a tasty and cheap cut of meat go unbought by me because I had no idea how to cook it. THANK YOU PARSLEY!! This was so great. I had a full brisket (9 pounds before trimming), and put it all in the crockpot, but only used the recipe amounts of the remaining ingredients, so I had half the sauce. But the flavor was wonderful, sweet without being cloying,and when reduced, the sauce was excellent. Thank you again, Parsley. This one's a KEEPER!