Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is in response to a request on the boards. Hope this helps! : )
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great recipe. I cooked an entire chicken on the Kamado Joe using a vertical roaster and it was wonderful. I had quite a bit of sauce left over for the next time. Served it with Recipe #33489 and potato salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated peeled apple
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 2 teaspoons grated green peppers
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the rub ingredients together.
- Spread rub all over chicken.
- Grill chicken basting frequently with apple juice to keep juicy.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush chicken with the BBQ.
- Serve remaining sauce on side.