Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a super BBQ Pulled pork!
- one 3 pound boneless pork loin roast
- one 8-oz . can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, store bought
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine everything except the pork in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Tie pork together with cooking twine.
- Place pork in cooker and coat with sauce mix.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low heat, turning pork over once around hour 4 or 5.
- Remove pork and shred by hand.
- Empty sauce from slow cooker into bowl and serve alongside pork. Serve on hamburger or hoagie buns if desired.