Recipe by LainieBug
Apples and oatmeal go so well together! (Adopted recipe)
Top Review by ShaGun
I brought these to church for breakfast. They went over well. I doubled the recipe and put everything into a 13x9-inch pan. I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes. I also drizzled melted white chocolate on top after it cooled. Next time (and I will make this again) I'm reducing the amount of margarine and sugar added to the apples by at least half. I also added apple pie spice, which was good.
- 414.03 ml rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 354.88 ml flour
- 177.44 ml margarine
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 591.47 ml sliced apples (or more)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, margarine, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Blend well.
- Spread half of the oats mixture in a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Press down firmly.
- In a separate bowl, combine apples, 2 T.
- margarine, sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread over the oats mixture in the pan.
- Cover with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake at 375° F for 40-45 minutes.
- Cut into bars.