- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large fuji apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked barley
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet with tight-fitting lid, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion and barley; cook, stirring until golden.
- Add broth, raisins and thyme to barley mixture.
- Heat to boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fold apples and parsley into barley mixture; cook 5 minutes and serve.