Recipe by Jessa M
Any bunny will spring through the air at the taste of these yummy bunny cookies. Containing sweet, fresh apples and bananas, they are sure to be a favorite. Note: These are treats and should be used sparingly.
- 1 apple, steamed until soft
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup rabbit pellets, ground finely (timothy hay pellets)
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats, ground finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a masher, mash together apples and bananas with honey until smooth.
- Grind pellets and oats in a blender or food processer (make sure to wash thoroughly after!). Add the grinded powder to the apple/banana mixture and mix until well blended.
- Allow dough to cool and stiffen in fridge.
- Drop small nickel-sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not grease the sheet. Cook for 30 minutes of until brown on the bottom. When done cooking, turn of the oven and leave treats in the oven until the oven cools to give the treat a nice crunch. Once cooled, place in a sealed container or bag and stick in the fridge. Can be left in the fridge for about a week without spoiling and can be frozen to last longer. (Thaw frozen treats before giving to bunny).