Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This saucy salad is a dairy-based fruit compote. Its so good it can also be served as a dessert. You can make it low fat & sugar substitute if you want. I usually put lots more apples than it calls for. I guess you could adds nuts and all kinds of fun stuff to this too. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, ganular (or stevia or 1/2 cup sugar)
- 4 cups apples, finely chopped (approx. 4-5 large apples)
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine the cottage cheese, mayo, cinnamon & Splenda in a blender.
- Whip until cottage cheese is smooth & creamy, 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into medium bowl.
- Stir in apples, bananas, & raisins. Presto its ready to eat!
I made half of the given amount using the Splenda/low fat method. Very yummy for today's lunch. There was no guilt either. even with my aprox 1.5 cup serving. I think this is a keeper. Made for PAC Spring 2014