Recipe by Jen T
This recipe is a perfect combination of bananas, peanut butter and apples. It's a great way to use up some "old" bananas and apples. NOTE: If allergic to peanut butter, substitute butter. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Deborah1
What a produce saver. I was already baking and realized I had some bananas that were about to be tossed and stumbled on this recipe. I used 2 very ripe bananas and 2 Red Delicious apples, shredded with peels on. I also added 1/2 t salt, 3/4 t cinnamon(habit, i guess) and baked in 4 disposable mini loaf pans for 50 min. Excellent. Very moist and fragrant. Combinations of fruit are endless. Thanks for the posting.
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, cored & grated (peel is optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a mixer, cream peanut butter and sugars, and beat in eggs.
- Add sour cream, bananas and vanilla; and mix with a large spoon until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon. NOTE: Add an extra 3 tablespoons flour in high altitude areas.
- Gradually stir in to peanut butter mixture.
- Gently stir in apples.
- Spoon into greased bundt pan (or use a loaf pan).
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.