Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is really sweet, kids love it and it's made in no time all through the year.
- 700 g apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 300 g bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 750 g sugar
- Peel and chop the apples and the bananas.
- Put all the ingredients in a pan and let cook.
- Leave simmering over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Check if the jam is ready on a little plate.
- Put the jam in jars, close the lid and turn them upside down. Leave to cool overnight.
This was great with pancakes! I used 250g less sugar and it was still very sweet! Lovely, worth a try! Thanks
Love this jam on bagels,yum. Great way to use up the last of the apples and bananas, not that I will be waiting to use up the last of the bananas and apples before I make this jam again.. I found it a bit sweet (personal taste) but will try cutting the sugar back just a bit. I used a softer apple and that worked perfect. The jam is a nice consistency. Great recipe! (recipe swap #15)
We usually hate apple jam but we sure love this one! Thanks so much for a great recipe....I have 4 apple trees and really am grateful we will use the fruit now! I really like the sweet taste of the banana in it!