Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My cousin got this from a German site and sent it to me. This is really quick and easy, very tasty too. A hot dessert or side dish great on its own or with vanilla ice cream or as a side for a spicy curry dish. If you are dieting you can substitute apple or pear nectar for the whipping cream.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 8x8 or other casserole dish.
- Wash, peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Layer in dish and sprinkle with almonds.
- Peel banana and break into pieces into a medium bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and cream and beat well.
- Pour over the apple slices.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, this is great served with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe had lots of promise but I was disappointed. The overall flavor was very bland. It wasn't awful but it didn't go over very well. I won't make this again.
This was good and quick to make. I think it should have cooked a bit longer than 15 minutes, so next time I will try it longer or at a higher temperature. The apples, banana's & cinnamon did compliment each other well. I had this with Crockpot Oniony Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce, rice and salad. We will be having this again.