Recipe by Marlitt
My cousin got this from a German site and sent it to me. This is really quick and easy, very tasty too. A hot dessert or side dish great on its own or with vanilla ice cream or as a side for a spicy curry dish. If you are dieting you can substitute apple or pear nectar for the whipping cream.
- 4 apples
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (sliced)
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 8x8 or other casserole dish.
- Wash, peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Layer in dish and sprinkle with almonds.
- Peel banana and break into pieces into a medium bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and cream and beat well.
- Pour over the apple slices.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, this is great served with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.