This is my adopted recipe and have just made it last Saturday 10th September 2005. It is a light moist bread/cake with just a hint of cinnamon. I baked it in a ring tin which took 50mins to cook. Keep an eye on cooking time because using a different tin does make a difference. Cook too long and it will be a little drier. Also leave in tin for about 5 mins before turning out onto a rack to cool completely. I used this first as dessert while it was still warm. I put slices into dessert dishes and topped with custard and whipped cream. The remaining cake I used cold, sliced. You could also use the cold slices topped with a dollop of whipped cream for a special treat with a hot cup of coffee or tea, or serve slices lightly buttered, or just plain. Hope you enjoy it whichever way you choose to serve it. Thanks goes to the person who posted this recipe originally and I am happy to have adopted it. :)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cream butter and sugars, and beat in eggs.
- Stir in sour cream, banana and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon.
- Gradually add to butter mixture.
- Gently stir in apples and nuts.
- Spoon into greased bread pan and bake 1 hour.