Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy concoction put out by the US Apple Consumers Association. Enjoy!
Make and share this Apple, Banana, and Strawberry Froth recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled, cut into cubes
- 4 strawberries, capped
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split (or 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup fresh apple cider or 1⁄2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 2 strawberries, untrimmed, split almost in half
- 3 -5 ice cubes (optional)
- Place the banana, cubed apple, and strawberries in a blender. Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean into the blender, or add vanilla extract. Add honey and cardamom and puree at high speed, while slowly adding the cider. Add ice if you would like it really cold! Pour into 2 champagne flutes and garnish glasses with split strawberries.
An interesting tasting smoothie, very cardamomy with fresh cardamom seeds from the pod. My banana was not really ripe (still had green on the tip), I used an apple from the tree outside, local strawberries (small so used more), a very good alcohol free vanilla, local honey, apple cider from the regular grocery store, & no ice per preference but it could have done with being a bit colder. Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~
Absolutly delicious! A beautiful mix of ingredients. Made as called for. Thanks Sharon.
A nice fruity concoction with all the fruit flavors blending together nicely. It could have been a touch more chilled with maybe some added ice, but that's purely personal taste. Made for ThinkPink~