Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love a balsamic vinaigrette and haven't found a bottled one I like.I decided to make my own. Here is one attempt that I really enjoyed. If you like a bite to your dressing, use the jalapeno pepper. I enjoyed it in there, but it was really spicy. This dressing was lovely and gave a similar flavor to my salad as Panera Bread's White Balsamic Apple Vinaigrette. I really enjoyed it. If I come across a better one, I'll edit and let you know!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 apple, quartered, seeded, no need to peel
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, whole, not seeded
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- Blend all in blender until smooth.