Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
There are three apple cheese balls here, but this one is really good and different. I didn't think I'd like cheese with apples, but the flavors went well together. Passive time is chill time.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the cream cheese with the mayonnaise until thoroughly combined.
- Slice 4 thin slices of red and green apple. Dip in lemon juice to prevent browning. Chop remaining apples in small pieces and toss with the lemon juice.
- Add chopped apples and cheese to cream cheese mixture and form into a ball.
- Garnish with the apple slices around ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
how would it taste with apples and cheese ???? Good???
Very easy to make, despite the "assistance" of my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter. I subbed neufchatel cream cheese for the regular and it may have been a bit softer as a result. We had to sample it w/ Ritz cracker sticks immediately and it was quite good. I'm certain it will be even better when chiled and after the flavors have a chance to blend. Will definitely be making this again, esp when the grandbabies are visiting. A nice healthy, kid-friendly recipe! Thanks, RE!