Recipe by flower7
Saw this on Paula Deen's show and it looked really good! Made just a couple minor changes to ingredient quantities.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a very easy recipe to put together and delicious. I did microwave the bacon for 2 minutes to be able to drain off some of the grease. After baking covered for 45 minutes, the beans were not as thick as I'd like so I baked another 30 minutes uncovered. I'm going to take this to the next potluck I go to. Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010 this recipe was recommended by HokiesLady.
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 2 (850.48 g) can pork and beans (or boston baked pork & beans)
- 236.59 ml diced granny smith apple (about 1/2 of a large apple)
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 5 slice bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bacon and mix well.
- Pour into the baking dish and lay the raw strips of bacon on top (I cut the bacon into pieces so it will mix in nicely later).
- Cover and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.