Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be doubled if desired and please adjust all ingredients to suit taste!
- 3 -4 large tart apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice (can use less)
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apples in an ungreased baking dish.
- Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Pour over apples.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 mins, or until apples are tender.
- Best served warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
The apple juice made the dish way too watery. The taste of everything was pretty bland. Not that great at all.
What a easy super dessert to serve. Wonderful for a late summer dessert, these apples are so super good! don't forget the ice cream! We loved this, thank you.
Very good flavor and easy to make. I only made 2 changes. First, I planned to serve it with ice cream, so I chopped the apple rather than cutting into wedges. I first cut them into thin wedges and then thought I would try chopping the wedges a bit. The second change I made was after the initial baking time. I noticed how thin the sauce was. Because I wanted to serve it over ice cream, I didn't want a thin sauce -- so I stirred in a little cornstarch (sorry, I didn't measure, I just guessed). Then I put it back in the oven and baked it for another 10-15 minutes. When I took it out, it was thicker, just the way I wanted it. Very good recipe, very good flavor, and I will definitely be making this one again! Thanks!