1/2 Photos of Apple-Bacon Pancakes With Cider Syrup
If you like apple pancakes and you like bacon, you’ll love the taste of these sweet, smoky pancakes. Any kind of apple works well. A quick cider syrup drizzled on top enhances the apple flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 2Combine cider, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking, and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Set aside.
- 6Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a small bowl. Whisk egg, egg white and buttermilk in a large bowl.
- 7Stir in the dry ingredients, apples and bacon until just combined. (The batter will be thick.).
- 8Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot.
- 9Cooking 4 at a time, use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and gently spread it to make them about 3 inches in diameter.
- 10Cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter, reducing the heat as necessary to prevent burning. Reheat the cider syrup, if desired, and serve with the pancakes.
- 12Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the syrup (Step 1) for up to 1 week. Reheat on low before serving.
- 13Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Bacon Pancakes With Cider Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 551.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: