Recipe by Lambkyns
Tasty treat for breakfast or brunch. From the Ontario Milk Marketing Board.
Top Review by Kellie in SLO
I'm sorry my family really didn't care for this recipe. While everything was sautÃ©ing/baking the whole house smelled wonderful. From the title I thought the dish would have more of a pancake "cake like" texture. Instead it had more of an eggy/custard texture to it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large frying pan.
- Add onion and bacon and cook until softened.
- Stir in pears, apples and thyme, and cook until heated through.
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- Add eggs and remaining milk and beat until smooth.
- Whisk in salt.
- Spread fruit over bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Pour batter on top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
- Cut in squares and serve with warmed maple syrup.