Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A touch sweet, smoky, bacony. Yum. This meatloaf was big hit the first time I made it.
Make and share this Apple Bacon Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean or 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 ounces maple sausage (Farmer John)
- 2 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 chipotle bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Saute bacon until it starts to brown. Add onion & apple. Continue to cook until apple & onion begins to carmelize. Combine apple/onion mixture with all other ingredients in a bowl & mix well. Bake in a loaf pan or form into the classic meatloaf shape on a sheet pan & bake at 350F until brown about 45 minutes.