1/1 Photo of Apple Bacon Gouda Quiche
Sue Lau's Note:
Does NOT taste like apple pie, nor would you want it to. If you aren't sure how the flavors complement each other, this recipe will be a revelation to you. Try some crisp apple with a slice of gouda and then you will know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large free-range organic eggs
- 3/4 liquid measuring cup organic half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped aged gouda cheese
- 3 slices thick bacon, cooked and minced
- 1 medium crisp baking apples, such as Jazz, Braeburn or 1 medium gala crisp baking apple
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- generous pinch salt
- generous grind black pepper
- 1 quiche pastry dough or 1 pie crust
- 1Line a glass pie plate or glass cake pan with crust, crimping top to edges of pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit.
- 3Halve, core, and peel apple, then mince and scatter in bottom of pie plate.
- 4Top with minced bacon and chopped Gouda cheese.
- 5Whisk eggs in mixing bowl with half and half, then stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper. I recommend using a whole nutmeg with microplane grater, grating enough to dust the custard mixture lightly.
- 6Pour custard mixture into pie plate and shake the plate a little to even it out and tap any ingredients that poke up under the wet custard mix.
- 7When oven is properly hot, place pie plate on a supporting pan and into oven on a middle shelf.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes, then check doneness with a butter knife to see if custard is firm. If it needs more time, go in 5 minute intervals, covering the crust if it browns excessively.
- 9Allow to sit undisturbed out of the oven for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bacon Gouda Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: