Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are a welcome change of pace to regular pancakes. 'The Guys' seem to love them.
Top Review by the6-sranch
We all really liked these! I used buttermilk, and ended up adding quite a bit more than the 1 cup it calls for. Be prepared to add an extra 1 1/2 cups to the batter to get it to the right consistency. I used 2 1/2 cups total, and that seemed to be just right.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large granny smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour mix to make a pancake batter.
- If it appears too thick, thin with a little more milk.
- Do not overbeat- the mixture should be slightly lumpy.
- Gently fold in apples, cheese, and bacon into pancake batter.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with some oil over medium high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour into skillet.
- Cook pancake until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Set aside, keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup.