1/1 Photo of Apple, Avocado Salad With Mandarin Dressing
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I loved the flavour of this salad. Its got so many different layers its a real taste experience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1/4 red onion (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roasted and chopped medium)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat's cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 apple (cored and chopped fine)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 1/4 cup English cucumber (fine dice)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin orange sections (in pear juice)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (for dressing)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Roast the walnuts at 350'F for about 7 minutes.
- 2FOR THE SALAD.
- 3In a medium bowl mix the toasted walnuts, red onion, goat cheese and 2 teaspoons of lemon zest. Form into a ball. Set aside on a plate.
- 4Cut up the avocado and put it on the plate with the goat cheese ball.
- 5Drain the liquid from the two cans of mandarin orange slices and save the liquid from one can. Put one can of the mandarin slices on the plate with the avocado and goat cheese ball. Set aside.
- 6Just before you serve the salad combine the spinach, apple, cabbage and English cucumber in a salad bowl.
- 7FOR THE DRESSING.
- 8Put one can of orange slices into the blender with the juice of 1/2 the lemon, the 1/2 teaspoons of lemon zest, agave nectar and the olive oil.
- 9Blend well. Put in a jar and set aside.
- 10PUT THE SALAD TOGETHER.
- 11Place the spinach, apple, cabbage cucumber mixture onto your plate. Top with some mandarin slices, avocado and bits of the goat cheese ball.
- 12Top with the Mandarin dressing.
- 13Bon Apetit.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Avocado Salad With Mandarin Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: