Recipe by GinnyP
I adore this salad! For a dinner party, this could be assembled early in the day and drizzle the dressing on just before serving. Toss the avocado and apples in a little lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 cups watercress, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and sliced thin
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced hearts of palm
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, paprika, and pepper together; then stir in the chopped fresh chives.
- Arrange 3 cups chopped watercress on 6 individual serving plates.
- Evenly top each with the apples, avocado, hearts of palm, and walnuts.
- Evenly sprinkle dressing over salads and serve.