Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is simple to prepare and is a nice, sweet compliment to a savory pork dish.
Make and share this Apple/Apricot Sauce for Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cooking apples, cored, peeled, chopped
- 10 small dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 10 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 large star anise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- combine all ingredients in sauté pan, except lemon juice.
- Bring to gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, simmer until apples are soft (6-8 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Let cool completely then remove cloves, cinnamon and star anise.
- Serve with any pork dish.