Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but it's simple and tasty.
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine all ingredients; cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on low.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour liquid into a separate container to skim off excess fat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and return broth to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on low until smooth and thickened.
One word says it all . Delicious!!!
really good my 18 month old loved it and she's really picky. I wasn't sure what type of wine to use so I used red. Thanks for the recipe!
Pork + fruit + crockpot = awesome. A very good recipe! Like the other reviewer, we used only about a pound of pork chops, had to sub dried cranberries and didn't bother with the cornstarch. I didn't really chop things up, just quartered and cored the apples and threw the dried apricots in wholeâ€”everything cooked down to bits. I also skipped the wine. The apricots and cranberries provided a very intense, rich taste that went great with the pork. Thanks for the recipe!