Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One thing I always do is cover the edges of the crust with tinfoil for the first 20 minutes of the baking time, then remove the foil, that way the edges don't get too brown. Yummy pie. This is a snap if, sin of sins, you use prepared frozen crusts
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 4 medium apples, peeled,cored & sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pie crusts, for 9 inch pie
- Cover apricots with water in a small saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes, drain& cool, cut the apricots in half.
- Combine the apricots with the apples and place in the bottom crust.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon& nutmeg, spoon over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with second crust, pinch edges together and cut 3 slits in the top to allow stem to escape Place in preheated 425F oven for 10 minutes reduce heat to 350F and bake for 40-45 minutes.