Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love apples and apricots. Have not made this but want to, real soon.
Make and share this Apple-Apricot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 946.36 ml sliced peeled apples (about 5 medium)
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped drained, canned apricots
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss apples and apricots with sugar mixture.
- Turn into pastry lined 9” pie pan; adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until apples are tender and pie is golden about 40 to 45 minutes.
I was pleased with how this pie tasted, but the juices from the fruit were really runny--the flour didn't thicken them up at all during the baking process. Maybe I should have added some corn starch. I also substituted Splenda for sugar and maybe that had an effect as well. Other than that, this was an interesting twist on apple pie and I will probably make this again if I can find a way to thicken up the filling next time. Thanks for posting.
Very tasty! I used fresh apricots as I couldn't find any canned. It took about 5 apricots to equal 1 cup. It was a nice twist on apple pie.