Recipe by Maryland Jim
I love apples and apricots. Have not made this but want to, real soon.
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
I was pleased with how this pie tasted, but the juices from the fruit were really runny--the flour didn't thicken them up at all during the baking process. Maybe I should have added some corn starch. I also substituted Splenda for sugar and maybe that had an effect as well. Other than that, this was an interesting twist on apple pie and I will probably make this again if I can find a way to thicken up the filling next time. Thanks for posting.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped drained, canned apricots
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss apples and apricots with sugar mixture.
- Turn into pastry lined 9” pie pan; adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until apples are tender and pie is golden about 40 to 45 minutes.