Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Apple Annie's is a wonderful little tearoom in San Antonio. They make a lot of great tasting dish's. I am listing 2 of the favorites that were posted in the newspaper. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs about 6 fresh chicken breasts
- 2 cups diced celery
- 6 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 -3 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (or more)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best foods)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place on large foil-lined baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Cut into chunks and transfer to large bowl.
- Add celery, red pepper, dill, ranch dressing and mayonnaise.
- Stir gently but thoroughly to blend.
- Refrigerate to allow flavors to meld for at least a couple of hours before serving.
We liked this chicken salad very much and I will be making it on a regular basis especially throughout the summer.The combinatin of dill, mayo and dry ranch dressing was very good. I used no fat mayo and used left over Easter turkey instead of the chicken. Just made enough for the two of us for supper, thanks for posting.
I this version of chicken was good. I usually like the fruity kind but this was good