Recipe by Pinay0618
Good for early-day tastebuds - at breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Use only those apples that hold up well and don't turn mushy when cooked. --The Blackberry River Inn, Norfolk, Connecticut
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups light cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped (Granny Smith, Mcintosh, or a combination)
- 2 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- cinnamon (sprinkled on top)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, prebaked for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and cream together; add nutmeg, salt, and white pepper to taste.
- Spread apples, walnuts, and Swiss cheese evenly in the pie shell and pour liquid over all. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of quiche.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.