Recipe by Al Al
This recipe is from my friend Joan and is one of our favorites. I am guessing on the amounts for the salad ingredients. You can proportion them to taste or based on how many people you are feeding. The dressing recipe makes enough for two good-sized salads. You can make this a main dish salad by adding cooked chicken.
Top Review by ukichix
LOVE THIS!! It is my new Favorite Salad. Light, crisp and full of flavors. Used head lettuce, cranberries and a Macintosh Apple - fresh, sweet, nutty, spicy and a little salty - all wrapped in mouthful!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 fuji apple, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper