This recipe is from my friend Joan and is one of our favorites. I am guessing on the amounts for the salad ingredients. You can proportion them to taste or based on how many people you are feeding. The dressing recipe makes enough for two good-sized salads. You can make this a main dish salad by adding cooked chicken.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 fuji apple, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Proportion salad ingredients to personal taste.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.