Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is adapted from the CWA (Country Women's Association of Australia) cookbook, Country Classics. Simple and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 drops almond essence
- 125 g nuttelex margarine, melted (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup pie apple, chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup sultana
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line base and sides of a 10.5cm by 21 cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix.
- Combine eggs, essence and cooled melted margarine, and stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in apples and sultanas.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for approximately 55 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins in pan, then turn out to wire rack to cool completely.