Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent for when English apples are in season and stilton is ripening... i've not tried this, but will!
- 450 g apples, cored and chopped
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 225 g onions, finely diced
- 225 g potatoes, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 liters water
- 100 g blue Stilton cheese
- salt and pepper
- Core but do not peel the apples, and cut into walnut-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter in the oil and fry the inion and potatoes in it over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Season generously and add the apple chunks and water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until fruit and vegetables are soft.
- Put into a food processor or liquidiser and blend until fine.
- Add half of the Stilton and blend again.
- Re-heat the mixture.
- Serve in bowl with the remaining cheese, crumbled with a fork, sprinkled on top.