Recipe by GingerlyJ
These scones are so amazing with my favorite combo of salty and sweet. the baking time is very short so remember that the finer you dice the apples, the more tender they will be
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- in a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- add butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a glass measuring cuo whisk1 egg and cream until well blended.
- and add to batter and pulse until just blended.
- pulse in apple pieces and cheese.
- turn dough into a lightky floured surface. knead dough just enough ti insure that everything is well blended.
- shape dough into a 1 inch thick round.
- using a shapr knife, cut round into six wedges.
- transer to a baking sheet.
- whisk remaining egg in a small bowl and brush tops of scones.
- bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and firm to touch, transfer to a wire rack to cool.