1 hr 5 mins
I don't know the original source for this recipe but know that it comes from the middle ages.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Prepare crust.
- 3Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, lemon zest and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Arrange apple slices in layers with sausage slices over bottom crust, sprinkling it all with the flour mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- 6Place top crust over filling. Fold edges under bottom crust to seal and place slits to allow steam to escape.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes till apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- 8NOTE: 2 7lb cans of apple slices is enough for 10 pies. 1 pie = 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Sausage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 1022.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g