Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious, moist, fruity cake that leaves you wanting for more
- 1⁄2 cup rhubarb, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup apple, pealed diced and cooked
- 100 g low-fat margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, Grease a 26 cm spring pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter with sugar for about 5 minutes. Add one egg at a time until well incorporated. Add the vanilla extract, mix well. Turn mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Don't over mix.
- Flod in the cut rhubarb and transfer dough to baking pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkle on the almonds.
- Baked for about 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack.