Recipe by mums the word
From Anne Lindsay cookbook. This uses the minimum amount of fat and sugar with lots of fruit and oatmeal for fiber. This tastes so good especially in the cool autumn months. I often use frozen mixed fruit like strawberry/blackberry/blueberry/raspberry.
Top Review by Tiggrr
Made as written except I used butter instead of margarine (my preference). Used Cortland apples and it turned out perfect. Served warm with Vanilla bean ice cream on top. Will definitely make again, reminds me of how my Mom used to make it.
- 6 cups apples, sliced and peeled
- 300 g frozen unsweetened raspberries or 300 g fresh raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2L (8 Cup) baking dish, combine apples and raspberries.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon. Add to fruit and toss to mix.
- For topping, combine rolled oats, sugar and cinnamon. With a pastry blender, cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350F for 55 min or microwave on high 15 minutes or until bubbling. Serve warm or cold.