Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is just full of fruit! It is perfect at tea time or warmed before serving with ice cream for dessert.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dried apples, chopped
- 5 tablespoons raisins
- 2⁄3 cup hard apple cider or 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 ounces raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8-inch pan and line it with parchment paper Sift the flour and the baking powder into a mixing bowl and rub the butter in with you fingers or cut it in with a pastry cutter or two knifes Stir in the sugar, chopped dried apple, and raisins.
- Pour in the cider and egg and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir in the raspberries Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until risen and lightly golden Let the cake cool in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Let stand and cool completely until cold before serving.