Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A yummy and healthy stir-fry recipe adapted from The American Institute of Cancer Research. All green bell peppers may be used instead of the tri-color.
Top Review by Bergy
We really enjoyed this recipe. The apple & ginger give an added taste that compliments the pork & peppers. I used plum jam (that's what I had on hand) and cut the recipe in half. Easy recipe that is healthy & very tasty
- 2 tablespoons peach jam (preferably all fruit)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 firm apples (Fuji or Gala, cut into one-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine jam, soy sauce, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Add pork and ginger and stir-fry until pork is browned and just cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer pork and ginger to bowl with slotted spoon. Add canola oil to skillet. Stir-fry peppers, water chestnuts, and apples until peppers are crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add pork back to skillet along with green onions. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add jam mixture. Continue to stir-fry 30 seconds to one minute, or until sauce thickens. Season to taste with black pepper.