Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light (different than the one already posted) Cranberry juice may be used in place of the pomegranate
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 inches strips lemon rind
- 3 inches strips orange rind
- 8 cups unfiltered apple cider
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 medium oranges)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- Place first 4 ingredients on a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- Combine cheesecloth bag, cider, and remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a simmer. Cook 30 minutes. Discard cheesecloth bag.