Recipe by AmyZoe
A friend gave me fresh apples and plums, and I wondered if you could make a crisp with both? Surprise, surprise, there is a recipe for apples and plums and it is delicious! I left the skin on my apples and still loved it. Recipe courtesy of www.itsfoodtime.com. I ate this plain, but feel free to add ice cream or whipped cream.
- 6 cups fuji apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups plums (ripe, halved, and pitted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Halve and pit the plums.
- Toss the apples and plums with the sugar and butter.
- Combine topping ingredients (flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, butter, and oats) in a bowl. Don't overmix.
- Arrange the fruit in a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for about 1 hour or until the juice is bubbling and the apples are tender.