1/1 Photo of Apple and Pear Gratin
1 hr 5 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is a light-tasting, not-too-sweet dessert from Every Night Italian by Guiliano and Marcella Hazan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9-inch baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep, or a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Put the eggs and egg yolks and the sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat at a high speed till you see pale yellow ribbons form.
- 3Mix in the rum and vanilla. Add the flour and mix well. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 4In a clean mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream to firm peaks, then fold it carefully into the egg mixture with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the buttered dish.
- 5Peel and core the apple and pear and slice them crosswise into thin half moons. Arrange over the batter in the baking dish, alternating the apple and pear slices.
- 6Do not be concerned if they sink into the mixture - they will all eventually be embedded in it.
- 7Place in the preheated oven and bke till the top has turned golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- 8Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Pear Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 202.8 mg
- Sodium 45.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g