Recipe by I'mPat
From the Australian Womens Weekly Gluten-free and Allergy-free cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice crumble, with a tasty combo of fruits, & the topping was great ~ Different from what I usually do, but very nicely so! I did use a pastry cutter to blend the butter with the other ingredients! Next time I'd really enjoy making this one for company! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 3 medium apples (450 grams)
- 3 medium pears (690 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup water (60ml)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal (60 grams)
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour (65 grams)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (75 grams firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60 g butter (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Grease a deep 1.5 litre (6 cups) ovenproof dish.
- Peel, core and quarter apples and pears; slice fruit thickly.
- Combine fruit, sugar and the water in a large saucepan and cook covered for about 10 minutes or until fruit is just tender.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- While the fruit is cooking make the crumble topping by mixing all the dry ingredients well together and then fold in chopped butter.
- Place apples and pears into prepared ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the crumble topping.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.