Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Front Range Living. nt
- 2 ripe golden delicious apples
- 2 ripe bartlett pears
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples and pears.
- Place pears and apples together in a large casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients together until it resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle it on top of fruit.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and cooked through.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Absolutely fantastic! I doubled the fruit (not the crumble) and added 1/4 c. oats to the mixture. It was fantastic. I made a 9x9 pan and ate half if it right away. Didn't need ice cream, just had a bit of whipped cream with it warm and it was PERFECT! I will double the crumble next time...it was nice and crunchy. I baked at 400 for about 50 min to get the fruit "cubes" a chance to soften. Thanks!
Since going applepicking (and pear-picking!), I've made the recipe 5 times in the last 2 weeks! :) I double the recipe which makes it loads more fruity and substantial. I add rolled oats , more than a pinch of ground cinn (maybe 1/4 tsp) and cook at 400 for 45 minutes. Every time I've made it, it's been eaten up and raved about!
Superb recipe Sue. The blending of apple and pear were excellant the perfect ratio of tart and sweet. Thank you so much for sharing this simple, guest worthy dessert. I will be making this again often. Into my keeper box this goes.