Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
When pie isn't what you want and cake seems to sweet, try this tasty apple and pear bundt cake that is full of flavor. Makes a wonderful ending to a delicious dinner!
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced (Golden Delicious, McIntosh, Granny Smith, or your favorite)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" or 10" bundt pan with oil or butter.
- Sprinkle diced apples, pears and raisins with the sugar, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add the oil, vanilla and pecans.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, mix well. Add the apples, pears and raisins.
- Spread batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack and let cake fininsh cooling. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. (Tip: If you want to frost your cake, a sour cream frosting is very nice.).
This is a very good cake. It is very moist. Thanks for posting.
This is only so-so. Apple or pear cake Apple or Pear Cake is better.
Delicious! I had plenty of pears, so I used 3 cups of those, reduced the sugar (half a cup each of granulated white and Splenda) and only added about half a cup of golden raisins. Perfect sweetness, moist texture and it keeps well too, without drying out. It would be great with coffee or tea. Very easy to make, I'll definitely make it again.