Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Unusual ingredients but wow! what a flavour!
Make and share this Apple and Peanut Butter Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints milk
- 1 medium cooking apple, grated
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons porridge oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat milk to just below boiling point.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Liquidise and reheat if needed.
Very mixed reception for this recipe. The kids, especially almost 3 year old DS who adores porridge, really liked it. DS gulped it down not caring how hot it was [which is unusual for him] and ended up having seconds. DD liked it but was a bit slow at eating it. I loved the various cooking smells which smelled very promising but when it came to the crunch found it very bland. The peanut better really predominates and I couldn't taste the ginger and apple at all. Very filling though. You definitely need a blender for this one as the milk started to curdle during the simmering process and I was halfway to making ricotta. A quick whizz takes care of this.